I broke up with someone who is unequivocally bad for me but all i feel like doing is buying a big cake and ugly-sobbing into it while i eat its entirety because im still in love with him and he made me feel comforted and loved and worth something.
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY || OFFICIAL TRAILER
You’re fucking joking
Look how they tried to make this abusive piece of shit sexy.
After this shit is released, expect a flood of expecting subs who don’t know that it’s abuse and more fake Doms preying on them.
Yep. A flood of defensive posts, a flood of drama, a flood of exuberant basement dwelling shitdicks given new fuel in their predation. A flood of fucked up shit all around, a flood of teenaged girls who will grow up romanticizing this sort of thing.
Fuck. Like I know the book is trash. I know the former beta, back when it was just online fanfic who hates it with all her heart because the author refused to listen to her speak about BDSM. I’ve attempted the read the horseshit and failed before the third sentence.
I think listener-blue and I should see this trainwreck.
Bdsm community, you’ve got a big storm coming.
I just hope audiences will stop to listen to people who are actually a part of the BDSM community when we say, “THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.”
As a sub, I am very protective of other subs, and I don’t want any of them to think that this kind of relationship is healthy. BDSM is safe, sane, and consensual: always. If it isn’t, it’s abuse. Fifty Shades is about abuse, plain and simple. I don’t care what the author calls it; it—is—abuse.
Please, please, please, if you are thinking of joining the BDSM community, do not use Fifty Shades as a tutorial or a guide. Talk to people in the community. Don’t let yourself be beguiled and bamboozled by abusive people masquerading as doms. Don’t let anyone tell you that Fifty Shades is an accurate representation of BDSM. Don’t let anyone tell you that BDSM is abuse.
Talk to us. Come to us. Let us help you.
This ^ All of this. ^^^^^^
Reblogging for the comments
littlestfoxkit I know you want in on this.
I weep for the BDSM community and the shitstorm this movie will bring us. The books have already done ENOUGH damage.
Celebrating a shoot well done with Nixie and Pynki! #albanybulb #thecastle #petplay
Yes please. God I miss you
best of “she wears short skirts”
I’m headed to the beach today!!!! I’m so excited :D
take no shit 2014
3 Ways to Speak English.
Jamila Lyiscott is a “tri-tongued orator;” in her powerful spoken-word essay “Broken English,” she celebrates — and challenges — the three distinct flavors of English she speaks with her friends, in the classroom and with her parents. As she explores the complicated history and present-day identity that each language represents, she unpacks what it means to be “articulate.”
Shit got real
notice the audience
Cause we all end up in a tiny pine box. A mighty small drop in a mighty dark plot. And the mighty fine print hastens the trip to our epilogue.
1) Make higher education worthless by redefining “skill” as a specific corporate contribution. Tell young people they have no skills.
2) With “skill” irrelevant, require experience. Make internship sole path to experience. Make internships unpaid, locking out all but rich.
3) End on the job training for entry level jobs. Educated told skills are irrelevant. Uneducated told they have no way to obtain skills.
4) As wealthy progress on professional career path, middle and lower class youth take service jobs to pay off massive educational debt.
5) Make these part-time jobs not “count” on resume. Hire on prestige, not skill or education. Punish those who need to work to survive.
6) Punish young people who never found any kind of work the hardest. Make them untouchables — unhireable.
7) Tell wealthy people they are “privileged” to be working 40 hrs/week for free. Don’t tell them what kind of “privileged” it is.
8) Make status quo commentary written by unpaid interns or people hiring unpaid interns. They will tell you it’s your fault.
9) Young people, it is not your fault. Speak out. Fight back. Bankrupt the prestige economy.
Carl Sagan on giving a fuck
This has to be on your blog at least once per year
this post hasn’t even existed for a year