Celebrating a shoot well done with Nixie and Pynki! #albanybulb #thecastle #petplay
Yes please. God I miss you
best of “she wears short skirts”
I’m headed to the beach today!!!! I’m so excited :D
take no shit 2014
3 Ways to Speak English.
Jamila Lyiscott is a “tri-tongued orator;” in her powerful spoken-word essay “Broken English,” she celebrates — and challenges — the three distinct flavors of English she speaks with her friends, in the classroom and with her parents. As she explores the complicated history and present-day identity that each language represents, she unpacks what it means to be “articulate.”
Shit got real
notice the audience
Cause we all end up in a tiny pine box. A mighty small drop in a mighty dark plot. And the mighty fine print hastens the trip to our epilogue.
1) Make higher education worthless by redefining “skill” as a specific corporate contribution. Tell young people they have no skills.
2) With “skill” irrelevant, require experience. Make internship sole path to experience. Make internships unpaid, locking out all but rich.
3) End on the job training for entry level jobs. Educated told skills are irrelevant. Uneducated told they have no way to obtain skills.
4) As wealthy progress on professional career path, middle and lower class youth take service jobs to pay off massive educational debt.
5) Make these part-time jobs not “count” on resume. Hire on prestige, not skill or education. Punish those who need to work to survive.
6) Punish young people who never found any kind of work the hardest. Make them untouchables — unhireable.
7) Tell wealthy people they are “privileged” to be working 40 hrs/week for free. Don’t tell them what kind of “privileged” it is.
8) Make status quo commentary written by unpaid interns or people hiring unpaid interns. They will tell you it’s your fault.
9) Young people, it is not your fault. Speak out. Fight back. Bankrupt the prestige economy.
Carl Sagan on giving a fuck
This has to be on your blog at least once per year
this post hasn’t even existed for a year
Floating On Cloud Nine. The cast of Orange Is the New Black at the New York City Gay Pride Parade.
Imagine seeing this IRL.
as if you couldn’t love OITNB any more…
I am not obligated to accept what is offered.
|—||My daily affirmations (via blacklonerism)|